Sunday 1 January 2012

Hello 2012

There have been many new-years days where I have woken up, and then immediately wished that I hadn't.  This wasn't one of them, probably because we had a quiet night in and I only drank the one bottle of Malbec.

So, after debating whether to go out on the mountain bike, or the motorbike, or for a walk, I plumped for the latter, stuck on half a nicotine patch (yes, I'm giving up smoking, again...) and got stuck into a walking guide.

I wanted something relatively easy and not too far away.  As it happens, the "Wallingford" walk in the Jarrold "Chilterns & Thames Valley" guide is (disappointingly) a good half mile short of the three miles it promised.  In fact, I almost decided to walk it again, backwards (I mean the route, not walking backwards, though that would have made it more interesting), but it was just stating to rain.  So, just under an hour of fresh air - not huge, but better than none.

No comments:

Post a Comment